Benedictine Pastoral Center
St. Benedict Monastery
9535 Linton Hall Road
Bristow, VA 20136-1217
Call Sr. Louise Dowgiallo, OSB for information & registration
Bon Secours Spiritual Center
1525 Marriottsville Road
Marriottsville, MD 21104
Mt. Tabor House
2363 Hunter Mill Road
Vienna, VA 22181
Call for date and time for Fireside Chats, to schedule Day of Recollection
or Weekend Retreat for an individual or a group up to 11 people.
Conducted by Fr.Paul Wynants.
For those with a serious physical illness:
Two retreats are held each year: Memorial day weekend and the second weekend in December.
Invite those who are experiencing a serious illness to consider the retreat and have them or their family members or care-givers contact the Dominican Retreat House in McLean, 7103 Old Dominion Drive, at (703) 356-4243 for information or to register. There is no cost to retreatants.
How can Cursillistas help?
- Provide palanca for the team (2 priests, 2 nuns, 2 doctors, 6 nurses, and 6 helpers – or a combination thereof totaling aro) and up to 24 retreatants. Palanca should arrive at the Dominican Retreat by Friday evening, either by mail or hand-delivered, addressed to “Sister” or “Brother in Christ.”
- Keep both retreatants and team members in prayer through the team preparation, the weekend, and after the retreat.
- Tell family, friends, and neighbors about the retreat.
- Provide edible palanca (healthy and not-so-healthy) for the weekend.
- Provide financial support. The retreat is free for the retreatants and we strongly urge the team members to “pay” for themselves. The major source of funds are private donations from individuals and some from the parishes. Checks should be payable to RFPFSI. For additional information, contact Doug Sebek at (703) 860-4929.
- Serenade the retreatants at 8:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Assist in restoring the House to what it was before the retreat at about 3:45 p.m. on the retreat’s final day. This is usually finished by 5:00 p.m.
- Provide the meal on Friday evening at 6:00 p.m. (Includes buying, preparing, serving and cleaning up.) This could be done by a group of people. The menu is pre-determined by the nuns because they want to make sure that there is a variety of meals during the weekends.
- Provide the Saturday night social at around 8:00 – 8:30, which includes buying, preparing, serving and cleaning up, too. This could have a theme or not, and could be done by a group of people.